Brute Force Unlocking the Shock Trooper

raptor
Major General

Brute Force Unlocking the Shock Trooper

Post#1 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:45 pm

If you have gotten 3 stars for all missions let me know what happens. Otherwise, seems the primary goal should be to unlock the shock trooper as that is a permanent unlock for all future battles, as opposed to getting some temporary benefit.

My suggestion is focus on getting at least one star on each level. Easiest thing might be to simply focus fire on the HQ as it is often defended by only a couple of canons. Taking out the HQ will guarantee you at least one star so you can move on to the next mission.

Once you get to the end (mission 26) you will be able to reply this mission over and over again, each time gaining at least some points. This way, you can get to the 6000 points needed for the shock trooper by brute force.

As of this post you have a little over 9hrs left to complete this.

ChiptheFish
Commodore

Re: Brute Force Unlocking the Shock Trooper

Post#2 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:08 am

Remember when unlocking the Shock Trooper was a great thing?
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: A Level 42 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 1-2 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#3 » Mon May 21, 2018 6:20 am

I remember unlocking the shock trooper, it was UC 4 and totally worthless. Same with the mtv7, Kessen, and vt49's. Tie advanced sucked, too.

mkenobi
Admiral

Post#4 » Mon May 21, 2018 5:59 pm

Boog wrote:I remember unlocking the shock trooper, it was UC 4 and totally worthless. Same with the mtv7, Kessen, and vt49's. Tie advanced sucked, too.

I remember well. My first UCL on Windows was on Tatooine and when I opened the Crate, the reward was 32 SAMPLES, and not the UNLOCKED Shock Troopers, what left me very frustrated. Today, my Shocks are maxed out and I simply forget they exist when attacking in PvP... But when for Wars, always keep 2 Shocks in my transports. Same for Vanguards as Rebel.

I never was able to unlock Kessen for my Windows account. He was available only in conflicts on Er'Kit, which I only had access when I was Level 10... And in my first visit to that planet to play the conflict for Kessen I got only CNFOs, and got stucked there for one week until get the 20 -- yes, 20 damn Battle Stars for Windows SWC...

I really don't know how I survived almost 3 years playing this game on Windows...
A Windows survivor now training players and helping squads through the Galaxy!

Imperial HQ10 in "BombSquad18" (Level 49 squad)
Rebel HQ10 / HQ8 in "Ewok_revenge" (Level 50 squad)

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#5 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:37 pm

I unlocked all of the special units when there was one planet, and they had the event store. They all sucked. As I recall, right after they buffed the units, they got rid of the event store and went to the planetary UC conflicts. I would put more effort into upgrading them had I known that someday they wouldn't be terrible. I think the shock trooper targeted HQ's when it was first released, or walls, or something stupid.

TNT
Major General

Post#6 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:41 am

I remember finally unlocking it on Windows and thinking it would be usefull to take out traps. Then upon deploy it would walk over and spend ages firing 9 tiny (non exploding) rockets at a trap before it was disabled and moving to the next.

I love the current incarnation with it's oddly selective giant explosions.
Join the Rebel3Squad.
Actually we joined up with the OuterRimRioters. Join us and reminiscine about the good old days when the game was playable.

ChiptheFish
Commodore

Post#7 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:06 am

TNT wrote:I remember finally unlocking it on Windows and thinking it would be usefull to take out traps. Then upon deploy it would walk over and spend ages firing 9 tiny (non exploding) rockets at a trap before it was disabled and moving to the next.

Yes! The explosion is awesome, almost as cool as the Blue Girl's fire when toasting big buildings. Before JetGate, I always had 3 vans in the load, 1 for each cluster of heavys+meds. Also still a must in non-Tak wars.
Chip the Fish, Rebel: HQ10, Medals: 26K, Battle Rank: 13 (Android)
ObiTwo: A Level 42 Squad - Join us!
Casual but active L4-10 player's welcome. 1-2 wars a week. Any time-zone. English only

Boog
Grand Admiral

Post#8 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:24 am

TNT wrote:I remember finally unlocking it on Windows and thinking it would be usefull to take out traps. Then upon deploy it would walk over and spend ages firing 9 tiny (non exploding) rockets at a trap before it was disabled and moving to the next.

Yeah, I remembering just deploying one early in attacks to see where the nearest trap was.

Return to “Campaign I: The Dandoran Conflict”